14 Feb Autism Spectrum Disorder: 10 things you should know
There are many stereotypes and misconceptions about autism that people tend to get in their heads. It is important to understand the truth about the causes of autism and the sorts of behaviors that the condition causes.
This video will shed light on 10 common misconceptions regarding autism.
What We Learned from this Video:
- Children do not outgrow autism.
- People with autism are very empathetic, they just typically miss subtle emotional cues.
- Autistic people can form quality friendships with others.
- Not all autistic people are savants.
- Autism is not caused by vaccines.
- Autistic people have a great sense of humor.
- Autistic people do not have more violent tendencies than others.
- Autistic people form successful romantic relationships.
- Autism is not an intellectual disability in and of itself.
- Not all autistic people have the same symptoms or skills.
There is a wealth of misinformation in constant circulation regarding ASD. Educate yourself with our vast resource library, and learn the truth about autism.