Autism parents must ensure that they can take care of themselves in order to care for their children. Breathing exercises, diet, meditation and rest can help maintain physical and mental health, especially in stressful or worrisome situations.
Learn from Sarah Nissen as she describes her journey as an autism mom, as well as her self-care routine and the ways it benefits both herself and her autistic son.
What We Learned from this Video:
- Taking care of yourself is not only beneficial for you; it teaches your child self-care as well.
- Deep breathing and centering exercises such as Qi Gong can help put you in the right mindset for the day.
- Hydration is an easy, key, but often underappreciated method of self-care.
- Be mindful in the moment when you are triggered; try to identify your triggers when they happen.
- Meditation and rest are important for maintaining a healthy mindset.
Looking for ways to take better care of yourself so that you can be your best self? Take a look at our Self-Care videos in our Free Video Library for lots of helpful tips.