14 Feb Music Therapy
Music therapy is one of many potential supports available to autistic children. It is a great tool for developing communication skills.
Board-certified therapist Brianna Shaffer discusses the many benefits of music therapy.
What We Learned from this Video:
- Music therapy is the use of music to facilitate non-musical goals.
- Music therapy can help with cognitive skills, socialization, communication and motor skills.
- Music therapists engage autistic children on their level.
- This therapy is not limited to any particular age range. It can benefit children and adults alike.
- Working in tandem with speech therapy, music therapy can help non-verbal children become verbal.
- Music can be a strong motivational force for children with autism.