There are 5 warning signs of autism that parents should keep an eye out for. Knowing these signs and communicating them to your doctor for screening can be a huge benefit to your child’s development.
5 important signs of autism are discussed in this video.
What We Learned from this Video:
- There are 5 important signs of autism that parents should not only be aware of, but should communicate to doctors if their child is being screened for autism.
- These signs are not concrete proof that your child has autism, but they are worth looking into.
- If your baby does not respond to their parents/caregiver saying their name, that is something to be concerned about.
- If your child does not engage in joint attention (joining someone in playing with an object or doing an activity, and dividing attention between the object/activity and the second person), then that can be a red flag.
- Children who do not imitate others are exhibiting warning signs.
- Regression or loss of skills is a warning sign.
- Children with autism often display a lack of empathy, failing to react to others with any emotion.
- Autistic children may not engage in pretend play.
If your child is diagnosed with autism, do not hesitate to reach out for help and support. Set up a consultation with your friends at Ability Life Solutions.