27 Sep 7 Pre AUTISM Diagnosis Tips YOU NEED to know
If you are nervous about getting an autism evaluation, check out these tips before you go in for your screening. They can help reduce stress and prepare you for the results.
Dan from The Aspie World provides 7 tips for going in for your autism evaluation.
What We Learned from this Video:
- Create a list of your quirks. The assessing doctor will want to know them for diagnosis. A family member can be helpful here, perhaps pointing out any quirks that you may have missed.
- Research the specialists available in your area.
- Have a list of questions and concerns for the doctor. How long will it take? Will I get the results that day? Do I need to bring anything? Ask these questions when you go to book the referral.
- Buddy up. Take a friend or family member with you to your assessment to support you.
- Start the process early. Don’t wait if you suspect you might have Autism; getting treatment can be a lengthy process, so it’s important to start it as soon as possible.
- Plan a fun, relaxing event or activity for after your assessment. The screening is very draining, so relaxing and recharging can help you recover.
Going in for an autism screening can be a daunting task. Make sure you are prepared! Look through our free video library to ensure you have all of the information you need.