14 Feb Autism Spectrum Disorder, Causes, Signs and Symptoms, Diagnosis and Treatment
If you are wondering what autism is and how to handle it, this is the video for you. We will explore the causes, symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
This video will give a broad understanding of the cause, identification, and treatment of ASD.
What We Learned from this Video:
- ASD is a range of neurodevelopmental disorders.
- ASD hinders socialization and communication skills.
- The condition starts in early childhood, and is a lifelong disability.
- The exact cause is unknown, but it is theorized that genetic and environmental factors play a large role.
- Symptoms generally appear by age two.
- Autistic people have trouble communicating and engage in repetitive behaviors.
- Children with autism will have trouble playing with others, often preferring to play by themselves.
- To diagnose ASD, many tests may be necessary to pinpoint the correct symptoms.
- There is no cure for ASD, but intensive early treatment can reduce symptoms.
- There are many different types of therapy that may be useful for correcting autistic behaviors and improving the condition.
Though it is unclear what causes autism, catching it early can help drastically improve the condition. Recognizing the social, communicative, and behavioral issues it presents can help parents get the early treatment their children need. Schedule your consultation today!