14 Feb Everyday Mindfulness
Posted at 02:55h in
Autism can be a significant cause of stress and worry. Mindfulness is an important step to staying grounded and achieving a happier life.
This video will discuss what mindfulness is, the benefits of being mindful, and how to go about achieving it.
What We Learned from this Video:
- Many people imagine mindfulness as sitting alone with your eyes closed. This is, in fact, one way to help achieve mindfulness.
- Mindfulness is a way to make life more enjoyable and less stressful.
- Mindfulness can help you better understand your feelings and experiences.
- It is about living in the present instead of worrying about the past or future.
- Mindfulness does not necessarily require meditation; the most important thing is to pay purposeful attention to your situation.
- Mindfulness involves paying close attention to the immediate sensations you are feeling, taking time to relax and center yourself.
- When having a conversation with someone, do not listen to them only to be able to respond; listen with the goal of understanding what they are saying.
- It is important to pay attention to your own reactions to things. Do not judge yourself for those reactions, but learn to control them and recognize when they come up.
A big part of mindfulness is feeling empathy and sympathy for others’ situations. Check out our blog to learn more about mindfulness and to try our 30-Day Mindfulness Meditation Challenge.