14 Feb Meditation 101: A Beginner’s Guide
Autism can be a major source of stress in one’s life. To help combat this stress, experts recommend practicing meditation. Meditation can help control your anxiety and improve your thought processes.
This video breaks down the process of meditation, including basic steps, misconceptions and benefits.
Meditation 101: A Beginner’s Guide by Gobblynne and Happify
Initial Release Date: June 24, 2015
What We Learned from this Video:
- Meditation does not require spirituality, paid classes, or a group.
- Meditation consists of three simple steps.
- Step 1: Sit with your back straight and your eyes closed.
- Step 2: Notice the feeling of your breath going in and coming out.
- Step 3: Be aware of when your mind begins to wander, and start over.
- Meditation is a cycle of trying to clear your mind until you notice it wandering, and then starting the process over.
Meditation is a very simple process, and can have beneficial effects on your mental health with minimal effort. You can find additional videos on meditation in our resource library.