14 Feb What Causes Anxiety and Depression–Inside Out
Posted at 02:55h in
Autism can cause anxiety and depression, not just in the autistic person but for all people in their life. The key to overcoming these challenges is to keep a balanced emotional state, allowing yourself to feel sadness and heal trauma.
This video follows the story of the Disney film Inside Out, illustrating the theme of how all emotions are necessary for a balanced and healthy mindset.
What We Learned from this Video:
- When we get upset, it is important to somehow relieve the pressure we are feeling to get closure. This can be getting upset, crying or any number of coping behaviors and actions.
- People who suffer from anxiety who do not gain this closure can find it difficult to confront their feelings and may actively avoid doing so. They in turn cut themselves off from others in order to avoid feeling vulnerable.
- People need to allow themselves to feel pain and sadness. This allows them to heal their trauma and feel more comfortable being themselves.
- Finding closure or a resolution to our pain allows us to move past the sadness it causes.
- Feeling sadness is a critical part of the healing process. Allowing ourselves to feel a range of emotions helps us know how to handle events without getting stuck in anxiety or depression.
Anxiety and depression are serious issues, and we want to help! You’re not alone. We are a network of professionals, experts, advocates, and other autistic individuals who are here for you. Schedule a consultation with us today!