14 Feb Why Mindfulness Is a Superpower: An Animation
Mindfulness is a helpful tool for managing stress and staying in control of your emotions. People with autism could greatly benefit from mindfulness, using it to improve their mental wellbeing.
This video defines mindfulness, lists the many benefits, and explains how to achieve it.
What We Learned from this Video:
- Mindfulness is the ability to know what is happening in your head at any given moment, without getting carried away by it.
- When you feel angry, you reflexively allow yourself to ACT angry, letting your emotion command your actions.
- Mindfulness is not being completely passive, nor is it completely bottling up your emotions.
- Mindfulness is corresponding wisely to what happens to you rather than reacting blindly.
- The key to achieving mindfulness is meditation.
Mindfulness is an excellent goal to set, and the key to reaching it is meditation practice. Take a look at this introduction to meditation from the same team that brought you this helpful video.